Design & Manufacturing of Clear Freezer Bags for Packaged Food
With our ability to swiftly provide high quality totally customized packaging solutions, Belcorr Packaging (2005) Inc. was contracted to manufacture the clear zip-top freezer bags shown with this project example. Open on one side for easy access on automated fill equipment, this zip top bag features a wicket lip with two holes punched at the top to accommodate a 5" U-shaped wire designed to stack and secure 250 bags in place.
Constructed from 3 mil high clarity, freezer-grade polyethylene sheet, it featured finished dimensions of 9.5" in width on the open side x 16.0" in length, including the 1.5" zipper header and 1.5" wicket tab. Continuous in-process inspections validated the zipper closures would provide a tight, leak proof seal and that the package dimensions were within the ± 1/8" tolerance limits.
An agile workforce combined with high speed equipment enabled us to produce 100,000 high quality bags and ship them to the customer within a narrow 3 week timeframe. To learn more about this project, or any of our custom packaging solutions, contact us today.
Custom Design of Clear Freezer Bags for Packaged Food Project Highlights
- Product Description
- Clear Leak Proof Freezer Bags
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture These Freezer Bags
- Sheldahl 30830 Poly Bag machine with a Zippak Systems zipper attachment
- Overall Freezer Bag Dimensions
- Width (Open Side) : 9.5"
Length: 14.5" (Including 1.5" Zipper Header) + 1.5" Wicket Lip
- Tightest Tolerances
- 1/8 of an inch (+/-)
- Material Used
- 3Mil High Clarity Freezer Grade Polyethylene Sheeting
- Additional Facts
- Reverse wicket 250 Bags / 5" Wire
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Constant inspections for zipper seal quality
- Industry for Use
- Food Storage
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 3 weeks from day of order
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing